Monday, November 27, 2017

Shop Local: Iron Empire

As my son gets older, what we can & can't do together is changing. More specifically what he wants and doesn't want to do with his mother is the issue. While I can't see why it's such a horrible thing being seen in public with your mother, it obviously is for a pre-teen boy. It's not like I'm one of those mothers who insists on hugging and kissing my kid, but it's still not cool. With that being said, I ran across Iron Empire Clothing's first ever "Kids Build a Tee Workshop" and asked my son if he wanted to do it. Surprisingly he agreed, probably because it wasn't "in public."

We came up with an idea ahead of time which helped. When we walked in we were greeted by the staff and they had a table all ready to go. They explained how to pick your t-shirt color / size and the ink and where to draw. It was very organized. My son drew the basketball player on the paper, we had a couple re-starts, but in the end he handed in the finished product. We looked around the store and picked up a couple items, they were having a sale, who could resist? They have t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, work-out wear, all with a good selection of colors and sizes. They also work with a number of schools across the area printing spirit wear and other school-related pieces. We were also fortunate enough to meet the owners, Jamie & RJ, who talked a bit about the store, sales and what was coming Black Friday. The store location was easy to get to and easy parking, overall it was a great experience. And if you're not a shop-in-person kinda of person...that's ok, you can order on-line.

They are planning on having another "Build a Tee Workshop" which I would recommend trying. I might even create a t-shirt next time too. It was fun for my son and I to try something new and different and if he was ok hanging with his mom for it, yours might be too.

Iron Empire Social Media Sites:

Website: https://ironempireclothing.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ironempireclothing/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ironempireclothing/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ironempireinc

Link to picture courtesy of Go Erie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RBF – It’s My Face, Deal With It!

THEM YOU “What’s wrong?” “Nothing…” “Are you ok?” “Ah, ya...I just said nothing.” Duh “Why are you grumpy?” “Grumpy? OM...