Friday, April 11, 2014

Garlic Basil Scallops - Easy & Tasty

I've been using this app on my phone called Food On The Table. It was a free app that I downloaded from the Google Play Store that 1) has an easy to use shopping list & 2) has hundreds of recipes of ALL kinds where if you select that recipe, it automatically adds the ingredients to your shopping list. How cool is that?
 
So, I've been trying a number of different recipes with the focus on QUICK & using lean proteins. While scallops are the leanest, they are pretty darn quick, which makes them perfect for a weekday meal. Fresh scallops are great, but I happened to get the Wegmans frozen variety (since I was shopping and the seafood counter was closed). They were good sized and sweet.
 
 

2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced <-- I used 3 (love garlic) and I chopped instead of minced
1 Tbs fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried basil) <-- you can also use the basil in a tube
20  scallops, rinsed and patted dry
1/4 Tsp Salt, to taste <-- I skipped the salt
1/4 Tsp Black pepper, to taste
1 lemon <-- since the recipe doesn't call for zest, you can use 2-3 Tbs of juice from a bottle

1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Cook garlic and basil in oil for about 30 seconds, and then add scallops.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and squeeze lemon over the scallops.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve...if you wanted to they would taste good with pasta drizzled with olive oil, chopped basil and fresh Parmesan. I skipped the pasta and paired them with a green veggie, today it was broccoli.

That's it, that's easy. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RBF – It’s My Face, Deal With It!

THEM YOU “What’s wrong?” “Nothing…” “Are you ok?” “Ah, ya...I just said nothing.” Duh “Why are you grumpy?” “Grumpy? OM...