Sunday, January 17, 2016

Let's Try That Recipe Out

Was there ever a recipe that looked great in the picture but you weren't quite sure if you should cook it? Maybe it has ingredients you've never used before or you think your kids would demand pizza if you told them what was in it. Maybe it's marked as "gluten-free" or "Paleo" and don't know what that really means. Maybe it even calls for too many pots and pans and you don't want the mess to clean up. Trust me, I'm there with you.

Here's an offer for you. If you send me the recipe, I'll cook it and then give you the low-down on what it's really all about. I'll tell you how long prep and cook time really took - most times that's completed by a professional chef that works like a machine slicing and dicing, I'm always wary that I'll cut my finger off. How many pots, dishes and utensils you'll have to clean - I can't stand recipes that end up using 3 or more pans, multiple plates and bowls and 50 spoons - what the heck, I don't have a maid and I'm sure most of you don't either. And most importantly - does it taste ok or will you be ordering a pizza?

Now you may be thinking why would I do this, it's simple...I get new recipes to try and write about, you get a review from someone you know who won't blow smoke up your...nose ;-) Now to be honest, there are some things "I'll do for love, but I won't do that." To quote Meatloaf of course, he really does have a great voice, but then I digress. I won't try deep fried anything, I'm HORRIBLE at frying (except bacon), it's not healthy and it makes my house stink. Recipes that require expensive cuts of meat, probably not, unless it's around the holidays and I can sucker my folks into paying for it (just kidding). They actually have always been great guinea pigs, I can't complain there. And recipes with lots of sugar, sorry, that's one ingredient I'm trying to cut back/eliminate. But feel free to send them along, I may surprise you once in a while, but will probably stick to main meals.

So there you have it, let me be your recipe tester. Just send along the link, an email or put it in the comments and we'll give it a whirl. Ok...who's up first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

RBF – It’s My Face, Deal With It!

THEM YOU “What’s wrong?” “Nothing…” “Are you ok?” “Ah, ya...I just said nothing.” Duh “Why are you grumpy?” “Grumpy? OM...